Sunday, November 3, 2013

Ah... Memories.




I remember a time when I'd work for the promise of "copy, credit and meals" (and only barely getting one of the three). 

I remember a time when I was barely paid minimum wage. If even that.

I remember a time when flat rates were the norm and overtime wasn't even a consideration.

I remember a time when I'd wonder if I'd ever see that check at all.

I remember a time when it was almost always pizza for lunch. Or a Subway sandwich platter. Or Panda Express.

I remember a time when crafty was usually just a couple of sodas and a variety pack of chips.

I remember a time when working grip and electric meant they expected me to also drive the truck to and from location.

I remember a time when I had to share the truck with other departments.

I remember a time when I was lucky to get a box truck instead of a cargo van for the equipment.

I remember a time when I'd get less than nine hours for a turnaround.

I remember a time when I'd have to bring my own expendables to work. 

I remember a time when I was expected to do my own job as well as the job of others.

But I also don't remember the last time I did one of those jobs. And that's a good memory to have...



No comments :

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License .