Wednesday, November 26, 2008

To Mervyns: A Love Letter.

As weird as it may sound, I have fond memories of Mervyns. Despite having a stigma about it of being the Walmart of department stores, their selection and prices were appealing for a young girl trying to transition from the grungy-tomboy look to the cute-girl-next-door one.

Even as I got older and fashion wiser, I'd still occasionally return to buy a belt or other accessory. Due to their lack of logos on their clothing, it was the perfect place for getting those basic items like camisoles and cardigans that no one would be able to tell where you got from anyway. It was the store you go to all the time, but would be embarrassed to be caught shopping in.

I'll admit that I'm sad to see the store go though. Some of my earliest shopping memories were of Mervyns, and I guess I just assumed it'd always be there.

Anyway, I decided to check it out one last time while I was at the mall the other day and I scored these:



Cute, cheap, and without a designer name or label in sight. Ahh... That's so Mervyns.

No comments :

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License .