Monday, August 6, 2012

Summer Break!


To say I've been busy this past month and a half would be an understatement. I've been slammed with work. The hard, grueling, fourteen hour days of non-stop labor kind of work. And just when I think it's over, my phone rings with another round... And now, another.

Not that I'm complaining. I've been doing this long enough to know that I should just smile and take the hits sometimes. Work is work and when you're in an industry as fickle as this one, you take the jobs while you can. Especially since there were some change ups in the crews I roll with, leaving me with an uncertain next few months. And top that off with some friends of mine who've been moaning and groaning about how they've been out of work for a month or more, I know better than to open my fat mouth and complain.

But that being said, I've been busy. And tired. And for some reason, the pile of unread mail (or more accurately, unopened bills) on my kitchen counter keeps growing.

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't be surprised if posting here is a little lax in the next couple of weeks. I'll post when I can, but between the 7am call times and midnight wraps, it might take me a while before I build up enough energy to pop out a decent post. Meanwhile, take solace in the fact that me working means oodles of stuff for me to bitch about when I finally return.

Or better yet, go to the beach. It's sunny and blazin' hot out here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ten Things I Did Last Week.

1) Ate nothing but potato chips from crafty one day because catering was horrible.

2) Struggled with a ratchet strap for a few minutes while the rest of the department watched me.

3) Got hit with sprinklers more times than days worked.

4) Ate pizza three times.

5) Ate tacos twice.

6) Ate three hot dogs.

7) Re-packed a truck a few times because everything wouldn't fit.

8) Lost my right glove. Found it. Then lost my left one.

9) Gained a farmer's tan.

10) Turned night into day.


No comments :

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License .