Sunday, February 22, 2009

It's Been A While...

I haven't posted in a while.

I guess maybe because there's not a whole lot to write about. Things have been slow... I haven't had any real work in months, and even then it wasn't enough to pay the bills. The bills, on the other hand, keep increasing. The holidays came and went. The economy got suckier. And now, I'm a whole year older.

And just my luck, as I was browsing through this week's PostSecrets, there was this little gem.



And want to know the funny thing? I saved it. I downloaded the image onto my computer for safe keeping. Not because I particularly agree with it or anything, but because I found the irony of it all to be so great that I actually had a good laugh at it.

Which got me thinking... If I can find the humor (albeit, somewhat dark humor) in this, then maybe things aren't so bleak after all. Maybe instead of stressing on the bad stuff (no work, no money, no one to to the dishes for me) I should seek out the positive (caring friends, good neighbors, more chocolate in my apartment right now than I can eat).

I'll be heading off to bed soon, but when I wake up in the morning, I'll officially be in my mid-twenties, which I guess isn't a too bad of a place to be. Sure, I'm still broke with a never ending pile of laundry to do, but tomorrow's a new day. And who knows what that'll bring?

No comments :

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License .