Thursday, October 30, 2008

And So It Begins...

It's been a few days since my End Of October Manifesto, and I'm happy to say that I've kept it up... Sort of.

My kitchen table is now usable and so is my desk thanks to some quick de-cluttering, which is a small step, but it's definitely a step in the right direction. As much as I would've liked to tackle bigger "problem areas" of my apartment, I just haven't really had the time or energy over the last couple of days.

But I am proud to report that the work related goal is getting some good attention. I landed a gig for this weekend and gained a new piece of equipment for my arsenal that I've wanted for a really long time but haven't been able to afford. Luckily, I was able to buy one (barely) used for a pretty good price, and I brought it home last night. Yay! And it's awesome timing too since I can test it out at work this weekend and see if it needs any adjustments or something. I can breathe a little easier now. =)

And tonight, since there's nothing really on TV that I feel like watching and my ass is going to be numb if I spend another minute in this computer chair, I'm going to spend the evening reading a book. I haven't done that in what feels like ages. And to start with, I'll be reading Confessions of a Shopaholic. Chick lit, I know, but it should be a fun read. Things are a bit too depressing right now to read anything serious anyway.

No comments :

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License .