In a post from earlier this year, an Anonymous* reader (semi-)recently left this comment:
Why would you force your way into a business you knew had no appreciation for women.
There are sooooo many answers that I feel are so obvious that I'm perplexed as to why this question was asked in the first place.
1) Why wouldn't I?
2) Because I want to light movies.
3) Why did Rosa Parks sit in the front of a bus that she knew had no appreciation for blacks?
4) Change has to start somewhere and You must be the change you wish to see in the world (-Ghandi)
5) Do you usually give up just because something is hard?
6) Why does a business who has no appreciation for half of the world population exist in the first place?
7) Because this business is better with me (and other women) in it.
8) Maybe a better question is, why are (some) men trying to force us out?
9) Because I am strong. I am invincible. I am woman, hear me roar.
10) Because it's kinda fun to stir up the status quo.
11) ...And this is something that needs to be stirred up.
Feel free to comment if I missed anything.
*Bonus!: Click the link to read a semi-reasonable comment the same Anonymous may or may not have left!