(I'm taking a cue from D this week...)
In no particular order:
- Bathrooms that are right next to set. As in, you're trapped in the bathroom and can't flush because they're rolling.
- Breakfast isn't served yet because you have a pre-call and by the time you catch a break, catering has already stopped serving.
- People who put chairs in doorways, and when they see you heading towards the door carrying something big and heavy, they scooch over... but are still in their seat. The chair's still in the way, asshole. Sliding your butt to the left or the right doesn't negate the fact the chair hasn't moved.
- Departments who insist on wrapping up the stingers they borrow, not because they're trying to be nice, but because they're trying to prove they can do it right. Guess what? You can't. The loops are too big/too small/it's backwards and/or "over-under."
- Departments who "borrow" stingers without asking, use them in some far corner of the set without telling anyone, and then leave them there at the end of the night.
- The guy who's there for one day and wins Five Dollar Friday.
- 9am calltime way across town.
- 5pm wraps way across town.
- That one guy from that one department that bugs you for a stinger every time you're in the middle of a major set up. And no, it can't wait. And yes, he's going to bug you every 30 seconds about it.
- Sloooow service elevators.
- Gaffers who change their mind about the same damn light five times.
- Unexpected rain when you're out on location.
- Shooting at a house on a steep hill with an equally steep driveway.
- Overloaded carts with a broken brake and a flat tire.
- When 2nd meal gets there the second they call wrap.
- When Locations can't figure out how to turn off the sprinkler system.
- Carrying a full roll of tape on your belt.
- Getting mistaken for a P.A.
- The equipment delivery you've been waiting all morning for finally arrives the second you sit down for lunch.
* Because we all know no post is long enough to list them all. :)