Monday, March 11, 2013

TGIF.


"Thank goodness it's Friday, amirite???" The often overly enthusiastic Crafty guy is beaming at the thought.

Honestly, I'm a little taken aback by his comment and a little confused. Is today really Friday? Huh. I guess it is. Partial unemployment has this way of making you lose track of the days.

After I snap out of running a mental calendar through my head, I offer him a meek smile, sad I can't share this enthusiasm of having the next two days off. The life of a day player, especially during the slow times, often means that I have the next day off... And usually, the day after that. So I just shrug and say, "Yeah, I guess so. But I'm a day player. Every day is like a Friday for me."

"Damn!" the Crafty guy says, still beaming. "Aren't you lucky?? I wish I had that going on. Every day is a Friday for you! How awesome is that??"

I smile, but then a thought crosses my mind. "Yeah... But at the same time, every day is also like a Monday."

"Oh...," says Crafty guy, as he walks back to his truck, "I do not like that. Touché." 






No comments :

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License .