Sunday, October 16, 2011
A Pet Peeve.
Okay people, listen up.
"Electrocuted" means that you died from an electrical shock.
So if you're telling a story and you say something like, "I brushed my hand against the stupid bus bar on the generator and got electrocuted" you're lying. Yes, bus bars on a genny are generally stupid.* But unless you dropped down to the ground, your heart stopped and were declared legally dead, you weren't electrocuted.
You were just shocked.
So to recap: You may use the word "electrocuted" if you (or the person you're talking about) died. Otherwise, you were just shocked.
Please remember that and use the term properly.
*I've rarely seen them used and the placement of them in generators are stupid, in my opinion.