Saturday, March 6, 2010

Feeling Human Again.

After spending a few days working in the dirtiest, grimiest places in Southern California, this morning, I put on my "damn, I look good in these" jeans, a nice top and super cute shoes. I spent the better part of an hour doing my hair and make-up and completed the look with jewelery that I usually save for dressy occasions. I didn't have any big plans and wasn't going anywhere special, but damn, it feels good to look like a decent human being again.

7 comments :

Nathan said...

What? No Pictures?

A.J. said...

Nathan - Haha. No.

Michael Taylor said...

I'm with Nathan on this one, AJ. You painted such a lovely word-picture that this reader can't help wanting just a little bit more.

Photos or no, there's nothing quite like that long hot shower after a hard, dirty week of work -- then emerging cleansed, re-born, human again...

A.J. said...

Michael - Any femme fatale knows that you gotta leave them wanting more. ;)

hi, i'm 12 said...

Pics or it didn't happen

D said...

I do the same thing, dressing a little nicer than my usual uniform of jeans and a tshirt. My wife says, "Why are you dressing up to go to Target?" I just get tired of always looking like I'm about to unload a truck.

A.J. said...

D - It's kind of odd, isn't it? While my friends with "normal" jobs look forward to Casual Fridays, we're dressing up on our days off.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License .