Wednesday, June 24, 2009

People Should Learn The Basic Terminology Of Their Craft.

I just worked on a shoot where one of the grips has some big name shows on his list of credits. After setting up a light, the best boy asked him to throw some "beach" on a stand. He had no idea what that was. *sigh*

I was talking to one of the electrics and he asked me how long I've been a grip for. I answered, but I also told him that I often work as a juicer as well. The rest of the conversation went something like this:

Him: "Wait, you can work grip and do what?"
Me: "Juice."
Him: "What?"
Me: "I'm also a juicer."
Him: "What's a 'juicer'?"
Me (confused): "Wait... What's your job on this shoot?"
Him: "I'm one of the electrics."
Me (even more confused): "...."
Him: "So are you gonna tell me what a 'juicer' is?"
Me: ".... uh.... I think you should go ask your best boy what that is."

*Double sigh.*

2 comments :

D said...

Oh dear lord....

Queen said...

Haha! Would've loved to see the BB's face upon hearing that question...

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License .